In my early twenties, I lived alone and often after dinner I would walk the mall as a way to wind down from the day and check out the clearance racks. Always a frugal shopper even in my twenties!
However, often on my walks at the mall this poor little Mini Dachshund would catch my eye. He had been at the pet store in the mall for months. He was so little in his cage and he just looked so frightened. Every time I went to the mall I visited him. I talked with the pet shop owner and they didn't know what they were going to do with him, he had been there for awhile, he was very scared when people would try to hold him, and he would just shake and pee. Basically he was not a good candidate for a home. All the other dogs just looked so friendly, and then there was this dog just shaking and peeing in the corner. The owner of the shop gave him to me, basically because I think his next stop was doggy heaven. When I was leaving the pet shop I asked a little girl that was there with her parents what I should name him, she said, "Bailey". And, so it was.
I took Bailey home and bonded with him. I showed him love, patience, and compassion. It was not long before he was no longer frightened. We enjoyed long walks and playtime at the dog park.
After Bailey was with me for awhile I meant my future husband. My husband loves dogs and was so great with Bailey, they immediately bonded. My husband and I adopted another Mini Dachshund together, Stanley. Stanley is such a fun dog. He loves everyone and just has a wonderful personality.
Shortly, after having my first child we received the horrible news that my mother-in-law had passed away. She had a Mini Dachshund as well, Mandy. We welcomed Mandy into our home as part of the pack. Mandy brings my husband so much joy because she reminds him of his mother. Funny enough, she refuses to eat my cooking; she reminds me of my mother-in-law, as well.
I am BzzAgent and Hill's Science Diet asked me to try their brand of Toy & Small Breed Dog Food. I never just stop one dog food and start another so I spent the last week slowly mixing the Hill's Science Diet Dog Food in with the dog food I usually use. I gradually replaced the one I usually buy with Hill's Science Diet Dog Food. My dogs really seem to like the Hill's Science Diet food. In has not bothered their stomach's at all and the small pieces are very easy for them to eat. Mandy is my oldest dog and is missing several of her teeth, the Hill's Science Diet is very easy for her to eat and she seems to really enjoy it. Hill's Science Diet is comparable in price to the dog food I usually buy and is available at my local pet food store.
Disclosure

1 comment:
Wow! Even living next door to you, I only knew the story of how you acquired Mandy & Maisy. I have grown to love them all as well, but my favorites are Stanley & Mandy. Karen
Post a Comment