Halloween, yet another holiday you have to shell the cash out for. Growing up I always had a homemade costume that was part of the fun of Halloween. One year I was a raisin; it involved a black trash bag with newspaper shoved inside. Another year my friend and I were Siamese twins joined at the hip. We went to Goodwill and found the largest sweatpants we could find. She had one leg and I had the other. Not so fun hopping from one house to the other. We worked very hard for our trick-or-treating candy that year.
Some years the costume was better than others but regardless it was never store bought it was just designed from stuff we found around the house or at a discount store. When did Halloween become so commercialized, there isn’t an old sheet or garbage bag in sight?
This year I designed my children’s costumes. For handmade Halloween costume ideas visit my other blog Sewing and Crafting with Sarah.
Last year I found my children’s costumes on Ebay. Now is the perfect time to bid on Halloween costumes. Don’t wait too long though because the closer you get to Halloween the more expensive they get.
Search end of the summer yard sales for costumes. One year I found three Power Ranger costumes and a Buzz Lightyear costume on the cheap at a yard sale. We got two years out of those costumes!
Get together with some friends and have a Halloween costume swapping party. I went to a swapping party one year and it was perfect. I swapped out the old costumes for a new-to-us costumes.
However, if your child has a specific costume that you are going to have to buy, 4FunParties is a great inexpensive place to shop for costumes. They even gave me a link to pass a discount along to my readers. It is worth checking out.
5% off at 4FunParties.com. Use coupon code HALLOW4FUN during checkout.
Disclosure
New Banquet Fruit Pies - Giveaway
Search This Blog
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Disclaimer
Sarah Forhan Enterprises & "Mommy are the toys on sale?" cannot accept any responsibility for any injury or damage that you may cause to yourself, others, or property when following any advice given on this site.
My goal is print only valuable information and advice. If you find any information on "Mommy are the toys on sale?" that is either erroneous and/or potentially harmful to others please contact me immediately.
For all inquiries and questions please contact Sarah Forhan at: sarahforhan@sarahforhan.com or customerservice@sarahforhan.com
My goal is print only valuable information and advice. If you find any information on "Mommy are the toys on sale?" that is either erroneous and/or potentially harmful to others please contact me immediately.
For all inquiries and questions please contact Sarah Forhan at: sarahforhan@sarahforhan.com or customerservice@sarahforhan.com

No comments:
Post a Comment