New Banquet Fruit Pies - Giveaway

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Split Pea Soup Using Lipton Onion Soup & Dip Mix

The night before grocery shopping can always be tough in my house.

There is a pizza place a mile down the road from our home and last night I really had to fight the urge to just not call and order a pizza delivery. Instead I rummaged through the freezer and found some ham and a ham bone. I defrosted the ham and we had fettuccine alfredo, ham, and corn for dinner. Not a bad dinner for being short on food. I decided after dinner that I would make split pea soup with the ham bone, for tomorrow’s lunch. However, I usually put red onion in my soup and I was out, I also didn’t have any chicken stock or spices.

I varied my split pea soup recipe with what I had on hand and made the best pea soup of my life! And it was so easy!

Here is the recipe:

Easy Split Pea Soup

  • 1 cup of split peas
  • 1 packet of Lipton Onion Soup & Dip Mix
  • 3 cups of water
  • Ham bone
Cooking Instructions:
  1. Place split peas in a colander and wash and look them over.
  2. Fill a large pot with washed split peas, Lipton Onion Soup & Dip Mix, water, and ham bone. Let boil.
  3. Reduce to simmer for an hour. Remove ham bone, cool, and cut meat off of bone. Dice the meat into small pieces.
  4. Discard ham bone and return ham pieces to the pot. Add another cup of water and simmer for another 1.5 hours.
The split pea soup has an awesome flavor that my whole family enjoys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.pi7.ru/zhenskiy-zhurnal/2024-6-sposobov-otbelit-zuby.html ]Рейтинг самых лучших сексуальных поз [/url]
Вот решила позвать домработницу на помощь. Муж не может помочь абсолютно, кроме всего прочего уже не будет этого делать. А я просто устала. Есть такие у кто обзавелся платными помощницами? Сколько вы за это платите и где вы их нашли? и еще, как Ваш муж отреагировал на то, что в дом будет приплестись посторонняя тетя

Disclaimer

Sarah Forhan Enterprises & "Mommy are the toys on sale?" cannot accept any responsibility for any injury or damage that you may cause to yourself, others, or property when following any advice given on this site.

My goal is print only valuable information and advice. If you find any information on "Mommy are the toys on sale?" that is either erroneous and/or potentially harmful to others please contact me immediately.

For all inquiries and questions please contact Sarah Forhan at: sarahforhan@sarahforhan.com or customerservice@sarahforhan.com