So anyway, I was recently given the opportunity to review the new Breyer's Smooth & Dreamy ice cream products. These are multi-packs of ice cream bars and ice cream sandwiches.
I was definately interested in trying these out as a great snack for my kiddos (ages 4 & 2). Ok, ok, and maybe for me too :)
Before we even tried these, I liked them because they are all natural and they have less fat and calorie content than other ice cream bars and sandwiches. That's always a plus in my book!
We chose the Vanilla Fudge Brownie Sandwiches! They have 160 calories and 4 grams of fat per sandwich... not bad considering the competition. Oh, and they have no artificial colors or flavors.
(Notice the beach chairs stacked on the porch in the background... aw now I'm missing the beach!)
Let's just say things didn't quite go as planned. For some reason, my grandfather's freezer was not at it's optimal cold temp. Maybe it has to do with the fact that the fridge and freezer were opened like 9 million times. I dunno.
So the ice cream sandwiches were kind of like ice cream soup with large brownie cookies floating around. Ok, maybe it wasn't that bad, but it was close. They were pretty soft and melting very quickly, especially since we were outside with it being in the upper 90s.
Our Smooth & Dreamy treats were more like Melted & Messy treats with the vanilla ice cream drippage down the front of both kids and all around us. But you know what? They were pretty darn tasty!
And you know how they are lower in fat that other brands of ice cream sandwiches? Well, they certainly didn't taste like it. They were full of flavor... with my favorite part being the fudge brownie cookies.
My kids loved their ice cream treats as well... even with half of it covering their laps! So, I'd say we'd definately buy these again, just not when we're at the shore. That way we're able to pop them into our own freezer :)
Stay tuned for a Breyer's Smooth & Dreamy giveaway!
Post written by Mary @ Tips & Treasures.
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Breyers and received products necessary to facilitate my review. In addition, I received a gift certificate to thank me for taking the time to participate.
No comments:
Post a Comment